On June the 1st 2011, Google made some deep changes in your default Gmail account settings. While using your Gmail account, if you’re encountering this error message:
That’s because the change have been applied to your account.
What you need to do to get Sparrow to work again with your Gmail account is the following:
- Go to your Gmail web application
- Go to Mail Settings by clicking the upper-right corner wheel:
- Go to the ‘Labels’ section of your Settings. Make sure to tick the ‘Show in IMAP’ corresponding to the ‘Draft’, ‘Trash’, ‘Starred’ and ‘Important’ Labels as described below:
- Wait 2 to 3 minutes and restart Sparrow. Your Gmail account should work fine again.
Sparrow 1.1.2 is now available on the Mac AppStore
Sparrow 1.1.1 is now waiting for review.
Here is the changelog:
- Folder mapping
- Custom SMTP alias support
- Spell-check bug
- Mobile Me blank messages
- Yahoo account refresh issue
- Allows SMTP connection withtout authentication
- Text expander support
- Japanese input
- Fixes issues in mail database
- Fixes remote server issues
- Fixes crash when database is corrupted