Dear Sparrow users,
We thought we had to keep you updated on our progress.
We are still fixing numerous bugs and some inconsistent behaviors that the community is kindly reporting on our GetSatisfaction every day.
We have begun Labels implementation. We are selecting and adding new features as fast as we can (Quicklook for attachments for example will be in Beta 5). We are also working on CPU/memory usage which obviously still needs some work.
We’re crafting a new compose window, new buttons, Labels UI and more.
Sparrow Beta 5 should be available on the 3rd of November if we keep up with our schedule.
Once label integration is finished, we will begin the integration of new IMAP mail providers.
Once again, we can’t thank you enough for your support (by mail, on Twitter or on our GetSatisfaction). There are many ideas and suggestions that we never thought about and help us refine Sparrow.
The available version on the site already integrates the following changes:
- Signature above the reply history
- Cmd + Alt + R = Reply all
- Killed Preferences window animation
- Cmd + A de-activated in message list
- Crash fix
Next, here is our to do list for the next builds based on your feedback (thanks!):
- Preferences: option to hide dock icon, hide status bar icon, to display Cc and Bcc field by default in the composer.
- Shortcuts: Esc to close a window, page-up (shift + space), Go to sent, go to trash, go to inbox and go to Favorite, select previous/next account.
- Major bugs: draft management, Gtalk bug: chat gets counted as unread message, refresh issues, undisclosed inbox mails.
- Features: unified inbox, report as spam, alias support, archive section, MobileMe support, Yahoo support, Labels for Gmail, general performance and UI.
There are obviously a lot more issues to fix but we’re just trying to keep you up to date on what we will focus on for the weeks to come.
The feedback and support we’re having on Sparrow is fantastic. Tons of great ideas and precise bug reports. We can’t thank you enough for taking the time to help us improve the app.
Shortcuts and Preferences should be quickly released.