Dear Sparrow users,
We thought we had to keep you updated on our progress.
We are still fixing numerous bugs and some inconsistent behaviors that the community is kindly reporting on our GetSatisfaction every day.
We have begun Labels implementation. We are selecting and adding new features as fast as we can (Quicklook for attachments for example will be in Beta 5). We are also working on CPU/memory usage which obviously still needs some work.
We’re crafting a new compose window, new buttons, Labels UI and more.
Sparrow Beta 5 should be available on the 3rd of November if we keep up with our schedule.
Once label integration is finished, we will begin the integration of new IMAP mail providers.
Once again, we can’t thank you enough for your support (by mail, on Twitter or on our GetSatisfaction). There are many ideas and suggestions that we never thought about and help us refine Sparrow.
Update in this new release :
- Improved sync behavior
- Improved performance CPU/Memory
- Fixed ‘sending mail’ issue
- Spellcheck integration
- Sound option
- Properly display recipient when going in sent mailbox
- Fix Growl notifications issue at first installation
- Attachments are now saved in the default Download folder
- Hide dock icon option in preferences
- Fixed issue concerning typos in mail addresses and saving system
- Scroll up: Shift-Space
- Select previous/next account: Shift-Cmd-Down/up arrow
- Navigate between Inbox, Outbox, Favorite, Trash: Cmd-1,2,3,4
- Mark as read/unread: Shift-Cmd-U
- Shift-Tab in the compose window works
- Shift-Cmd-R is now Reply All
- Alt-Cmd-R is now refresh
- New conversation list background color
- New conversation list UI
- Animation of reply/option button in message have been removed
Download it on www.sparrowmailapp.com or from Sparrow, use the menu Sparrow > Check for update.
40 000 sparrows
Sparrow was released on October, the 4th.
It was downloaded more than 40 000 times in less than 4 days. And it keeps growing.
We weren’t expecting such a success and can’t thank you enough for your feedback and support.
A GetSatisfaction widget will soon be available on our website to collect your ideas, suggestions and bug report in an appropriate way.