We’re currently working on Sparrow 1.4.1 focusing on the issues you reported:
- Growl support
- iCloud Support
- Mail ordering
- Quick reply all
- Encoding issue
- Quick Look in full screen mode
- Various crashes
The recently released version of Growl does not work with Sparrow 1.4 but it will in Sparrow 1.4.1.
iCloud will also be supported in Sparrow 1.4.1 but know that you can still connect your account by following those steps in the current version.
Some of you have been experiencing connection issue related to Gmail’s 2-step authentication, make sure you have generated the specific password required for third party apps like Sparrow.
Sparrow 1.4.1 will be posted to the Mac AppStore in a few days.
On June the 1st 2011, Google made some deep changes in your default Gmail account settings. While using your Gmail account, if you’re encountering this error message:
That’s because the change have been applied to your account.
What you need to do to get Sparrow to work again with your Gmail account is the following:
- Go to your Gmail web application
- Go to Mail Settings by clicking the upper-right corner wheel:
- Go to the ‘Labels’ section of your Settings. Make sure to tick the ‘Show in IMAP’ corresponding to the ‘Draft’, ‘Trash’, ‘Starred’ and ‘Important’ Labels as described below:
- Wait 2 to 3 minutes and restart Sparrow. Your Gmail account should work fine again.
Sparrow 1.1.2 is now available on the Mac AppStore
Sparrow 1.1.1 is now waiting for review.
Here is the changelog:
- Folder mapping
- Custom SMTP alias support
- Spell-check bug
- Mobile Me blank messages
- Yahoo account refresh issue
- Allows SMTP connection withtout authentication
- Text expander support
- Japanese input
- Fixes issues in mail database
- Fixes remote server issues
- Fixes crash when database is corrupted